We’d thought we would share some of our favourite creative touches for adding a spot of glamour to your next party. All easy, cheap and guaranteed to make your friends feel extra specially loved.
Let us know how you get on – we’d love to see to see some of the ideas in action! SO, this month we are running a little competition. All you need to do is send us a picture of your finished masterpiece and not only will the winning picture be published on our website, we will send you a little something for your dining table. Please email to helen@youareSOinvited.com or send via Twitter @youaresoinvited.
Helen & Claire
- Use a remnant of wallpaper for a runner down the middle of your table
- Tie lengths of different coloured ribbon around champagne flutes and wine glasses so guests can identify their drinks
- Instead of lanterns, fill wine crates with church candles of different heights
- For a quick and easy table setting, upend some big red wine glasses and place a candle on top, and if you like, place a flower underneath the glass
- Save your wine corks. They make fab place settings – just make a small incision for the name card to be inserted
- Don’t be afraid to mix colours – pretty vases or jugs of different sizes and colours grouped together with spring flowers make a stunning centrepiece
- Save all your nice champagne and special wine bottles. Pop some candles in the top and either group together or line up along a mantelpiece
- When making ice, put some berries or mint leaves in each section for an instant pop of colour in drinks.
- Next time you’re lucky enough to go to a nice seafood restaurant, save your oyster shells – they make great salt & pepper dishes
- If you have a table of kids coming over, buy a paper tablecloth and leave out a table of crayons. Should have them sat down for a while longer!
For more inspiration, check out our ‘SO inspired table settings’ Pinterest board.